Friday, May 21, 2010

Time to Build a Boat!

It has been raining since 4pm yesterday. Not just a lovely, light spring-time rain either. A constant torrential downpour. Now I realize that I've been praying for rain, and don't get me wrong, I am thankful that it's raining. But as of first thing thing morning, we had already received 2.5 inches of rain, and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. That seems like a bit too much. I'm sure by the time the clouds move on we'll have seen at least 3.5 inches. My water barrel filled up in less than 1/2 an hour and I've had to divert it to the lawn now. There are huge puddles forming all over the place. Hopefully our house doesn't start to float away!




Oh, and now I'm sick because of this rain. I spent too much time outside yesterday, running around in the rain, getting wet and cold, trying to cover my flowers, divert water and the like. My throat is raw and my head is killing me. And I'm trying to get things in order for company arriving this afternoon. Thankfully, it's just my side of the family, so things don't have to be perfect. I think I'll manage.

Yesterday, right before our thunderstorm started, I quickly reseeded my peas in the garden. Only 4 or 5 plants have emerged from the seeds I sowed a few weeks ago... a far cry from the 40 or 50 I seeded. Not sure what went wrong, but here's hoping these ones germinate better.

I also spent a few minutes scrapbooking yesterday and managed to complete one quick layout. This morning I packed up all my supplies and tucked them back into the closet, trying to get our guest room ready for our soon-to-arrive guests. Emily is very excited about Nana and Papa coming for a visit and has been counting down the sleeps for a few days now. She loves when people stay at our house! :) I'm off to get things in order for their arrival. I leave you with my newest layout.




Until next time...

Buck Lake Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment