Monday, May 3, 2010

Getting into the "Swing" of things

Today is kind of a dreary day. There's a pretty good chance of a thunderstorm this afternoon - which I would welcome with open arms. However, the forecast is also calling for snow to follow. That I could definitely live without. Just when we think we're finally done with the snow... more comes! Arrggghhhh.....


Yesterday, Adam (my husband), put together a new swing set for my daughter. It was quite the ordeal - nothing wanted to line up properly. And anyone who knows Adam, knows that he's got a bit of a short fuse. Needless to say, Emily and I ended up going back into the house while Adam continued working on assembly - allowing him to grumble and throw things in peace. There really wasn't time to play on the newly assembled swings last night, so first thing this morning (with the night's cold chill still in the air) we bundled up and went out for a swing. Em had a blast!





I also managed to plant my lettuce and carrots this morning.... in anticipation of the good rain that a thunderstorm promises. I'm struggling with keeping the cats out of the garden - they see it as one giant playland and litter box. They wrestle each other right on top of my flowers and strawberries, and seem to love to try to dig up my freshly planted seeds. I've covered the seeds with bird fence, but that just seems to attract the cats more, since they also love to roll around in the plastic mesh. Frustrating! I might have to stock up on some bulk cayenne pepper and get used to sprinkling it throughout my garden on a regular basis.


Other than that, not much else is new. My house looks like a bomb went off in it today. I think the mess all happened this morning, because I'm pretty sure it didn't look like this yesterday. Hmmm.... But I'm too comfortable sitting here in front of a cozy fire to get up and do anything about it right now. I'll have a speed clean this afternoon to get it all back in shape before Adam gets home... :) He'll never know, lol.


I finished another layout yesterday - this one of Emily's great-grandparents. I'm currently working on another layout (about 1/2 finished), so I'll post that soon too, I hope.





Enjoy your day wherever you are!


Until next time...


Buck Lake Blogger

1 comment: