Friday, April 30, 2010

An Old Friend

Today, I'm expecting a visit from an old friend - my first year College roommate, to be exact. It's been just over two years since we last saw each other (if you don't include seeing pictures on facebook). Since then, she's had twin boys (now almost 2 years old), adding to the 2 children she already had. And she's making the drive all the way from Manitoba, with her 4 kiddos, all by herself! Brave woman! I'm not sure I would attempt that with just my 1 child! But I'm happy she's making the trip!!



On to other news... I did manage to plant my peas. Putting up my pea fence and planting took a little longer than I had anticipated. That, coupled with the fact that my baby monitor doesn't seem to hold a charge for longer than about an hour anymore, only allowed me to do my peas. I'm hoping to get more of my garden in this weekend. Luckily, I did get my peas planted before we received just over an inch of much needed rain!



I still have not found the time to return to my scrapbooking. I did, however, manage to sneak in a few minutes to complete the layout that I was working on. I'm not sure I'm pleased with the results - the balance seems off to me. You be the judge...





That's all for now.

Buck Lake Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment