Friday, April 9, 2010

Sick Day

Today is a sick day in my house. My little one woke me up this morning just after 5am with a gut-wrenching scream that I swear took a few years off my life. I jumped out of bed, ran down the hall to her room and flicked on the light to discover my sweet Emily sitting up in bed crying in a pool of vomit at her knees. Without too many details, I have to say that it was even more shocking because of the bright red colour of it. I had to double check to make sure it wasn't blood. But thankfully the colour was only a result of the blackberries "Auntie Bev" had given her for dessert last night.

After a change of sheets and blankets and some additional cleanup, I settled her back down to sleep. That lasted about an hour, before we had to do it all over again.

After waking this morning (and two more vomiting incidences), I forced Emily to spend 2 hours watching a variety of videos from the couch. I say "forced" because she really didn't want to stay there - but I wanted to give her stomach a chance to be still. It seems that it might have worked. Although she's still the colour of a bright white bedsheet, we haven't had any more throwing up since around 9am. I might try giving her a cracker later this afternoon once she wakes from her nap, to see if we really are in the clear. I'm very thankful that we don't usually have to deal with this sort of thing in our house - I couldn't imagine having a bunch of kids that the bug just passes between. I'm ready to be done with it all after just a morning of it, let alone a few days!

On to more pleasant topics...

We had a lovely weekend with family visiting for Easter - and lovely weather to match. After a second Easter egg hunt for Emily put on by her Grandma, lots of snacking on all sorts of chocolate, many a game of Monopoly Deal (which Grandma, btw, kicks butt at) and just good visiting, we said goodbye to our houseguests yesterday morning. It appears they left just in time, because after a weekend of +10 and sunshine, yesterday was anything but. What started out as a cool, windy day quickly turned to a near white-out blizzard by mid-afternoon. It was cold & windy and we now have a 2 cm blanket of snow everwhere again. **Sigh** It's cool and windy again today, but at least the sun is shining and the snow is starting the melting process all over again.

Now that my houseguests have gone home, I will once again be turning my guest room into my scrapbooking space. I don't have any new layouts to show you today, but hopefully soon. I've also had a friend request that I blog about my scrapbooking more - giving details as to the when, where, why and how sort of thing. I'll have to see if I can organize my thoughts enough to do that.

Stay tuned...

Buck Lake Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment