Saturday, April 24, 2010

It's A Big Day!

Today is kind of a milestone in our house. Emily has gotten her first bike (actually, a tricycle) today, at just under 2.5 years old. We've had it for a long time, brand-new, tucked in a box and today my husband put it together. She's learning to ride it on our deck, which is quite large, rather than our rocky driveway. And after adjusting the seat a little lower to accommodate her little legs, she can reach the peddles easier and is more successful at actually peddling herself. Just another sign that my little baby is growing up.


I've also gained another follower to my blog... for a total of 3 "registered" readers - WELCOME! :) I know there are more of you reading anonymously... and that's okay too. I'm just happy to have you join me here once in awhile. :)

Other than that, I'm happy to report that I did in fact get my garden rototilled and worked on this past Wednesday. After an hour and a half of solid tilling, my hands and arms absolutely ached! The next morning, I managed to replant all my perennials back into the garden just in time for a bit of rain. I was hoping for a solid downpour, but after a short rain followed by a little sleet, our rain gauge only showed 1/10". Better than nothing, I guess. Still praying for more....
The deer have been visiting our yard in greater numbers again this past week. We had nine at one time the other day. We're looking forward to seeing the tiny spotted fawns soon.


I also got in a wee bit of scrapbooking this week, and managed to complete a couple of layouts. I leave you with them now.







Until next time...


Buck Lake Blogger

1 comment:

  1. Love the layouts!! I am going to get so much inspiration from you!! Love the bike - Mia has a trike that I can push her in and she is OBSESSED with it!

    ReplyDelete