Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mommy's Little Mimic

I'm taking a much needed break from all my paperwork to write this blog... the numbers are starting to blur before my eyes. 

I thought I would tell you about the new mother in my house.  Emily recently got a new baby, Molly.   It was $3.00 (used) at the ice cream store we went to a few weeks ago.


It immediately became her best friend.  She reads stories to her, sings her songs, takes her for walks in her stroller down to the "beach" (which is really just whatever part of our house she's deemed "beach worthy" for that day) and treats her like her own little baby.  She's commented/questioned on numerous occasions recently "Emmy good mommy?" to which I always reply, "yes, you're a very good mommy to your babies".  The last few days I've heard Emily tell Molly to "sit still", "sit nicely" (something Emily hears a lot of at meal times), "go play" and various other things that I apparently say to Emily myself.  This morning I actually heard Emily disciplining Molly.  Hmmm... it seems that I have a little copycat on my hands.   It's really very cute, and it's keeping me on my toes, since her mothering style is a direct reflection of my own.   

Not much else is new on our end.  The long weekend is coming up and we're making plans to visit the zoo.  Probably just the one in Edmonton again this time, as Adam's too busy to take much time off to go to Calgary for a few days.  Hopefully we'll get to Calgary's zoo sometime later this month.  Emily's very excited - especially about seeing "Saminose" (aka Flamingos - it took me awhile to decipher that one, lol), and petting bunnies in the petting barn.  She's very concerned with everything being "nice" and whether or not she can pet it.  Not wanting to scare her by telling her that lions and hippos are not really nice, we're trying to get her to understand that they're just wild animals and can be seen but not touched. 

That's about it for now.  Here's a few new pictures of my little lovely:

Picking up lots of tiny little shells at the Lake with Adam.

Cute little grin at lunch.

Excited about getting her own glass of apple juice (with ice cubes!!) at Moxie's.

Helping mom make zucchini cake.


So sweet.

Until next time...

Buck Lake Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment