Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Full Steam Ahead

I'm not typically one to laze around all day and get nothing done.  On the contrary, I'm usually find myself extremely busy.  Yet, somehow, I have managed to accumulate a list of things that have just failed to get done.  Last winter I banged a hole into the wall of our entrance/hallway, while carrying in a load of firewood.  That hole, only remotely patched, still sat virtually untouched until now.  I put it on my list.  It's a list that I've become determined to complete quickly.  Maybe it's the feeling that winter is arriving on my doorstep soon that's motivating me.  I don't really know.  All I know is a fire has been lit beneath my butt, and I'm crossing completed items off my list like crazy.  This morning I tackled that hole and wall.  Patched, sanded, and primed, I repainted the wall this morning.


My house looks like a disaster site... the usual housework has been set aside in lieu of painting.  There's bright pink flagging tape cordoning off sections of my house like a construction site -  a good visual reminder of off-limit areas for Emily, while the paint dries.


I haven't done any more scrapbooking since my last post, and if you could see my scraproom you'd know why.  It did not escape the blast of the bomb that the rest of my house fell victim too.  It's also been added to the list.  In my attempt to get it ready for Emily to move into, I've found myself in the dilemma of where to store things that I usually store in there?  Lack of storage is a problem I'm slowly going crazy over.  Maybe I'll turn into one of those people that just starts storing Rubbermaid containers on the front deck.  Please commit me if that ever happens...

I'm off to tackle something else.  Maybe one day my to-do list will be blank and I can just sit around all day... but today is not that day.  I leave you with a picture of my Emily, busy doing a little painting of her own.


Until next time...

Buck Lake Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment