Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Growing Up

After feeling absolutely rotten and having zero energy for the last week, I'm finally starting to return closer to normal (whatever that is).  All because of a very helpful, little pill - but I'll take whatever help I can find at this point.  Sooooo thankful to Adam for looking after me, Em and the house while I've been out of commission. 

I'm still not feeling great, but can at least get up from bed or the couch and get a few things done around the house before I have to rest again.  That's a good start.

Not much has happened around here the last while, as you might imagine.  We did manage to celebrate Emily's birthday last week. I was having a reasonable good day that day, and managed to make a pretty basic b-day cake, and went out to dinner with friends. Emily wanted to decorate her own cake too, so I gave her the tops I cut off her cake and she had a blast decorating it... and eating the frosting and sprinkles, while she worked.

Adam decided to take the day off work, so Em had someone to play with all her new toys with.  And she certainly wasn't lacking in new toys, lol. :)  She's very excited to be 3 - she thinks that was the milestone she needed to reach in order to be "big".  She's still talking up a storm, constantly.  Our own little chatterbox!

Other than that, we now have a pile of snow and very cold temps (-30C this morning, without the windchill).  Makes me very thankful for a nice warm fire on days like this. 

That's all there is to report for now.  I'm sure I'll have some exciting news to report later this week. :)

Until next time...

Buck Lake Blogger

1 comment: