Monday, October 25, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

The blanket of snow everywhere this morning was a bit of a shock to my system.  I was expecting maybe a few flurries overnight, but thought that they would maybe melt on contact and the morning would reveal a nice green lawn still.  I was wrong.  I suppose it's only fitting, seeing as how today marks exactly two months until Christmas.  I would have been happy to wait a little longer for the white stuff, but according to the forecast, I don't think it'll last long before it starts to melt later this week.  Emily was very excited by all the snow, but has already asked me when summer will be.  Hmm... could be a long winter. ;)

Not much else is new in our neck of the woods. Our moms and tots and gym were cancelled last week due to staffing issues, so I actually felt like I had a few moments to spare last week.  Is it wrong of me to be hoping for more cancellations again this week???


We started our Sunday school program at church yesterday - a bit of a delay as we needed to fill a few more teacher positions and waited on some materials.  Everyone was together for a kickoff Sunday - puppets, singing, and the first time I've ever been given popcorn (and the permission to eat it freely during the church service).  Emily was also quite taken with the popcorn in church idea. 

Other than that, I've managed to complete a few more scrapbooking layouts.  I'll have to post the layout pics in my next blog, because my upload time for pictures is BRUTAL right now - too many people using my satellite signal, I guess.  I leave you with just a couple photos of my little lovely...

Emily as the "mustache man" during craft time at home.

 
I picked a broken flower off my potted mums at dinner one night and put it in Em's hair.


That's it for now. 

Until next time...

Buck Lake Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment