Wednesday, June 15, 2011

35+ Weeks!

I realize that once again, I have not been a very faithful blogger.  But if you knew my doctor appointment schedule, I'd hope you'd cut me some slack.  Being way out in the middle of nowhere has its advantages... convenient doctor's appointments is not one of them.  Every time I have to go for an appointment, it turns into an all day affair in town.  And there have been numerous appointments as of late.  Apparently, my gestational diabetes (GD) gets me labelled as a "high risk" pregnancy and I get extra attention because of it.  Not that I'm complaining.  At least my doctor(s) are looking after me and my wee one well. 

I am now 35+ weeks in my pregnancy.  The home stretch!!! :D During my 3rd ultrasound about a week and a half ago, I was FINALLY told if I'm having a boy or girl!  So excited!! :) I have a 4th ultrasound again tomorrow, just to check on the baby's size again.  On Monday, I went into Edmonton to meet with another OB and have been scheduled to be induced on July 11th, provided I have not had the baby by then.  That puts me at 39 weeks + 3 days.  They won't let me go past 40 weeks, because of added risk to the baby at that point.  I was told that babies born to mothers with GD can sometimes have a slower development of their lungs, so we're praying that everything is working fine when our little miss or mister arrives.

Here's a lovely picture of my massive baby belly.  It's from a few weeks ago, but I don't think I've grown a whole lot since.  I figured I should probably get at least one photo this time BEFORE going into labour.


Not a whole lot else is new.  I finally managed to plant my peas in the garden - finishing off the small amount of things I decided to plant this year.  Now all we need is some sunshine!  Like much of the Canadian prairies, we've certainly had our share of rainy days.  This weeks forecast does not look much more promising, unfortunately.

I haven't had much motivation or energy to scrapbook in the last week or two.  I did manage to complete a few layouts since my last blog posting, however.  Take a look:









I've been spending most of my free time in the evenings crocheting a baby blanket, in the appropriate colours, for my soon-to-be new arrival. :)

Well, Emily's quiet time is now over, and so I must once again return to parenting and housework.

I leave you with a couple of pictures of Emily from our Jasper trip over Mother's Day weekend.

Playing at a playground.

Playing at a playground.


Emily at a wildlife museum, in the basement of one of the Jasper hotels.
 Until next time...

Buck Lake Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment