Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Back in the Saddle (so to speak)

I am once again home - going on a couple of weeks now.  It seems a little strange to actually be home without any plans to take off to SK in the near future.  I'm looking forward to staying close to home.  That being said, we are planning a weekend trip to Jasper soon, but that's nothing compared to the amount of time I've been away from home in the last 6 months.

Spring seems to really be trying to put forth an effort lately.  Yesterday was a gorgeous and balmy 19C day and Emily and I spent much of the afternoon outside enjoying it.  The snow has finally melted enough to uncover her sandbox, and she was thrilled to be able to play in that for quite some time.  Me, I just sat and relaxed with a good book and a bag of Spitz. :) Today is more of a rainy, overcast day but I'm just thankful that it's not snowing. We still have a good amount of snow in places in our yard, but with warm temps forcasted for the week, I'm hopeful that it'll all be gone soon enough.

We had a delightful Easter - with my MIL visiting for the weekend.  Emily was treated to a massive egg hunt outside - so spoiled that it took more than three baskets in order for her to collect all her goodies.  I was happy that it was nice enough to have the hunt outside again this year - something of a tradition for us.  We even got around to making Easter cupcakes (albeit after Easter had actually passed).  Here's a couple of pictures of Em in her lovely little apron, lending a helping hand.





Putting a little chocolate "surprise" into each cupcake.

Adding the finishing touches - precisely 4 jelly beans per cupcake. :)
I've also managed to spend a fair bit of time scrapbooking, lately.  I am once again enjoying the creative outlet.  It's nice to have the "passion" back again after so many months of not wanting to do anything crafty.  I also spent a couple of days, using up some of my scraps, stockpiling some cards for future use.  Here's a sampling of my most recent scrapbook layouts.










I am now 30 weeks along in my pregnancy and have been informed, after my most recent test, that I officially have gestational diabetes.  :(  I'm still trying to manage my blood sugars by diet alone, but it's becoming increasingly difficult.  I'm just praying that I don't have to take insulin. Pricking my finger 6 times a day to check my blood is enough for me.  I meet with the diabetic health nurse again later this week, and she'll co-ordinate with my OB-GYN to determine my course of treatment.  This has certainly not been an easy or fun pregnancy, and I just have to keep telling myself that soon it will be all over and we can enjoy the rewards of a new little family member.

That's about all to report for now. 

Until next time...

Buck Lake Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment